Monday, July 5, 2010

Spa Massages, Makati

I love to get massages... yes, I'm a massage junkie. I've been to a few massage places, but these are my favorite.

My favorite place to get a massage in Makati is The Lotus, My Massage Place in Greenbelt Mansions, Perea St. The place screams RELAX! when you enter. I can literally feel the stresses of the day fall off my body when I enter this place. I love their Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage.



It is a gentle-medium pressure massage, and the masseuse uses  her forearms in massaging a lot. If feels oh..so good! It runs at 450 php an hour. The decor of the place comes across to me as Asian-Thai, with lots of parasols hanging on the ceiling. The ambience of the place is rather dark, and very cold. To me, it is very very relaxing. Instrumental music plays in the background as well.  Once you enter the place and specify your desired massage, they will lead you reclining chairs (that remind  me of those you find in old houses' porches), and an attendant will bring you a wood basin filled with stones and hot water to soak your feet.  Then, you will be let to your "room." The whole place is actually divided off with drapes/curtains to separate off each room. Surprisingly, the level of quietness is very good; in fact, it is better than other places I've had massages in. After your massage, the attendant will ask you if you want ginger tea. I've also tried their Balinese massage, which is supposed to be good for blood circulation. It's not as gentle as the LomiLomi...it's more focused on pressure points. There was a lot of thumb-action
going on. However, the only negative thing for this place is the shower. I tried it last weekend before my massage thinking it would be very nice. Although it is was only 100 php, it was just a normal shower. There is nothing there that separates it from my bathroom...absolutely nothing special about it. Aside from the shower, though, this place has got to be one of the best massage places in the area... and not expensive either! It's number one on my list.


Rating: 4.5
Relax Factor: 5
Website:  facebook fan page



My next favorite is The Spa in Greenbelt. It can be rather pricey for a student's budget though. I tried the Javanese Royal Bath there one time...and I felt like a million bucks after. It's a massage + lulur scrub + a soak in a rose-filled jacuzzi. Apparently, this is how a bride (way over in Java, way back then) would prepare for her wedding night... It's rather pricey though -- 2,100 php for 90 minutes of pure bliss. I guess since it's a more upscale spa, the shower is free; it's mandatory, and it's pretty darn nice. Plus, you get a locker for all your stuff too. If you've got the moolah, this is the place to go.

Rating: 5
Relax Factor: 5
Website: http://www.thespa.com.ph/


While my boyfriend gets a haircut, I always get a massage in Let's face it in Greenbelt 1. It's around 450 php for the normal Swedish massage per hour. It's great if you want a traditional massage. It's pretty good value for the money too. You get your own real room, and in contrast to other branches, the one in Greenbelt is very quiet. There's no shower, but the attendant rubs alcohol on your legs before starting the massage.

Rating: 4
Relax Factor: 4
Website: http://www.letsfaceit-spalon.com/lets_face_it_contact.php


Shui Hilot Healing Spa wasn't as fancy as the others (maybe cause I went there during the day), but my boyfriend loves it...and probably for that very reason.  I mean, it doesn't come across as girly. Like its name, it's focused more on the healing aspect of massage. It is very good hilot. We also tried the ventosa cupping, and the feeling is heavenly --very relaxing as the glass moves about your back. After I got this done to me, I received about three comments that day on how radiant I looked. Maybe all that cupping sucked the negativity out of my body, eh? A bit pricey though; an hour of hilot with half an hour of ventosa therapy runs at 799 php. Extra bonus? The lady at the desk is very, very accommodating, AND she gave me two gift certificates!

Rating: 4
Relax factor: 4.5
Website:  http://www.shuihilotspa.com/home

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very relaxing, I believed I've tried most of them. =), and I would have to agree with you.

    ReplyDelete