Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Favorite Blogs

Hello to all out there! I apologize for not writing in a while. I just went back to Manila where I go to college, and adjusting to the time zone hasn't been that smooth. Anyways, I am back to my junior year, after being excused by the dean to be about 3 weeks late for the start of classes. I tried my hardest to do everything remotely, so I can at least be on the same page as the class -- but what I found out was if the class were not meant to be online, it is quite hard to stay on track.
                                                                                

So now, I find myself with a rather long to-do list, which I can accomplish, of course, I think. Plus, it did inspire me to write this blog post, a post about my favorite blogs and sites on getting stuff done and self-empowerment (I guess we can include fun blogs too...I guess).
Enjoy!

1. Lifehack.org
This is by far my most favorite blog! It has everything a determined person would want -- tips on avoiding procrastination, how to do well in a job interview, pursuing your passions, etc. It has pretty much everything, from relationship advice to date night ideas. One of the posts that is very useful is a grand master list of student resources, study tips, posts on how to be the best student yet, etc., and  most of them free, and ALL quite useful! Here is their master list of the best posts for 2009.

2. ZenHabits.net
Simple is always best -- that is the essential message of Zen Habits. Every time I visit the site, my brain feels like it's on vacation.  It has great posts about simplifying your life, avoiding work-overload, etc. It's has great ideas to balance our technology-drowned lives; start with their guide to zen living. It's everything you'll need for a productive, relaxed, and balanced life.

3. Time Photo Essays
The best of photojournalism... everything you expect from Time. With healthy doses of posts about social issues,  history, science, and the World Cup, it's definitely worth checking out. It's hands-down the best way to catch up on the news.

4. Polyvore.com
Need fashion ideas? Want new outfits from the same ol' pieces in your closet? Check out this great site! It is pure inspiration for both the couture girls and the frugalista girls. It even has an art section and an interior design section! Check out their collections.




5. KhanAcademy.org
This has video tutorials on a vast area of academic topics including physics, algebra, finance, and statistics. It's how I did well in calculus... 'nough said.

6. ThePioneerWoman.com
This blog has a special place in my heart. Not only did it teach me how to make sushi and great steak, but it has healthy doses of humor as well. It also has one of the best photography I've seen in blogs... but wait until you find out what this is really about! Cali girl meets cowboy, they fall in love, and ...she has to adjust to being married to a rancher. I guess I can relate to this blog because I spend my life both in Missouri and Manila, and when I miss the open space and the cows, I'll check out this blog.  It also has great recipes, Photoshop tutorials, a photography section, as well as a homeschooling section. Don't miss out on their love story !


Photo Credits:
Image 1: From FreeDigitalPhotos.net by Michelle Mieklejohn

1 comment:

  1. HEY! I always go to Polyvore!:)) Love that I can make up outfits to suit my mood and whatnot :>

    -;)

    ReplyDelete