Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Grandparent's Home

The following pictures make up a quick home tour of my grandparent's home in Quezon City, Metro Manila. My grandfather, General Federico Ruiz, ordered a lot of the furniture from local carvers in different provinces across the country during the 70's and the 80's. I hope you enjoy!


   Chest, Bone Inlay, possibly 1980
 


Narra Wood, Chair, Part of a 10-seater Dining Set



Narra Wood, Samar, ordered from a furniture maker in Catarman who needed business at the time. 1987





Souvenir from the Vietnam War
when my Grandfather was assigned there.





Mirror, Narra Wood with Bone Inlay






Kumintang, A gift from a Muslim Datu when my
grandfather was the Battalion Commander of the Cotabato Province.
1977




1992, A gift to my grandfather


My greatgrandmother's closet, 1950, Narra Wood




Shell mirror, made from shells taken from Maqueda Bay




Living Room Set, Narra Wood with Bone Inlay





Korean Locker, from an antique shop, 1980



Glassware Cabinet, Narra Wood with Bone Inlay






1978 Curio Cabinet





Japanese Dolls, 1997


Narra Door, 1979



Our Lady of the Eucharist and Grace Statue

Sacred Heart of Jesus Statue

San Lorenzo Ruiz, Patron Saint of the Philippines
Caedo, Sculptor, Bronze ca. 1988.
This is the twin of the statue that President Ramos gave to
Pope John Paul II as a gift from the Filipino people.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's beautiful! I LOVE the curio cabinet! haha of course I would! And the bench! I mean detail! Gosh! You can't find stuff like that in the US! You grandparents house looks very nice! I love antique furniture! Maybe someday I'll be able to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete